Saturday, September 4, 2010

Gaghh! another misunderstanding! No sock on the weeping tile!

I went back today to check on progress... And now the have covered the weeping tile will pebbles [I wouldn't call it gravel]...  I had asked for the weeping tile to be covered with a "sock" so the holes in the weeping tile will not get clogged by the silty-clay.  I uncovered some of the pebbles to find no sock!  *Sigh*  So, yet another email to the weeping tile guy... and they didn't fix the wrinkles yet.
I am also wondering about how they will connect the weeping tile to the T- connection that goes to the sump pump.  Man, these guys create more work for themselves!  Someone is going to have to shovel the gravel and get the tile under the sewer line to connect to the T.

4 comments:

  1. What did your specification say? ;)
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to create an agreement with each trade about what their scope of work is, as well as review the drawings with them before they start. In this case, it was an excellent example of what happens when you don't do this! The weeping tile guys were given the go-ahead- and I didn't meet them before they started. It is also a matter of "we didn't put the sock on our quote." Bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad. But a good approach, generally. (and I was just being cheeky, I hope you know._
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to inform you but the filter only works for a bit and then clogs. I have installed filter sock. On houses and just 1 year later the tile had 3 inches of sediment in it. Family business. For 40 years. Your water drops in your service trench anyways.

    ReplyDelete